Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement
Total Hip Replacement THR and Total Knee Replacement TKR are very successful surgical treatment for arthritis of the hip and knee respectively.
Over the last several years hip and knee replacement surgery has evolved to a Minimally Invasive technique.
Advantages of Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement are
- Less tissue trauma – muscles and tendons are avoided or separated, not cut
- Faster and less painful rehabilitation
- Smaller incisions and less scarring.
- Shorter hospital stay
- Reduced blood loss and less need for pre-surgery blood donation
- Faster return to work and daily activities
Minimally Invasive Knee
Minimally Invasive Hip