Our practice is open Monday through to Friday (except Public Holidays) between 9am and 5pm.
Appointments can be offered at both locations by calling our friendly reception staff on (02) 8382 6964.
All appointments are confirmed prior to your scheduled date, either by text or phone call.
Appointment times do vary according to the type and complexity of your condition. The first visit will usually take longer than follow-up visits.
We sincerely value your time and make every effort to be punctual. It is understandable that it is frustrating to have to wait. Occasionally however, previous patients may be running late, urgent appointments may have been scheduled in, or a previous patient may have presented with a more complex medical issue than was anticipated.
Unfortunately these scheduling delays are beyond our control, and we apologize in advance if we keep you waiting.
What to bring to your first appointment
You will be asked to provide certain information and scans at your appointment. Having this information with you and readily available will streamline the process.
For your first consultation with Dr Nick Vertzyas, kindly ensure you bring the following:
- A referral letter from your General Practitioner or Specialist This referral enables you to claim a portion of your consultation cost through Medicare and gives Dr Nick Vertzyas important information regarding your condition
- Your Medicare or Department of Veteran s Affairs card
- Your Health Insurance information
- Your Age Pension card (if applicable)
- All previous x-rays and other scans (MRI, CT, ultrasound) on film
- Details of any medical conditions and any previous operations you have had
- Current medications list and details of any known allergies
- Pathology results, medical records and letters if you have them available
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment time. This will ensure you have enough time to check-in, complete the Patient Acquaintance form and for reception to retrieve scan reports and have everything ready for you to see Dr Nick Vertzyas.
You can streamline the check-in process by printing, completing and forwarding the Patient Acquaintance form to our rooms prior to your appointment.
Fax: 02 8382 6909
It is also very helpful if you can bring your scans and other medical records to our St Vincent’s Clinic rooms in advance of your appointment. This ensures reception can chase up reports and ensure everything is completed prior to your appointment.
While most appointments are booked several weeks in advance, urgent appointments are available. Please request your GP or referring specialist to contact our rooms.
If you need to Reschedule an Appointment
Dr Nick Vertzyas and his staff are committed to providing patients with exceptional care. We understand that emergencies and family matters can come up and you may need to reschedule an appointment.
In order to be respectful of the medical needs of other patients, please phone our office, during business hours, at least 24 hours ahead of your scheduled appointment. This will ensure that your appointment can be reallocated to one of the patients on our waiting list.